Sunday, September 23, 2012

MARBLES

Ollie loved marbles. He played with them everyday and had all sizes and colors.He would scatter them all over the floor and I loved it. It made both of us laugh out loud. Oh how I miss this.
Since Ollie passed away our family members have been finding marbles from Ollie. Just a couple of amazing stories!! Enjoy

*Just days after Ollie's funeral my mom would be vacuuming and she had vacuumed this spot before and  out popped a marble. This has happened several times.  She continues to find random marbles in places through out her house. This makes her so happy because she knew Ollie had placed these marbles there for her to find when he passed away. He sure loved his Grammy!

*My brother Cody was in Haiti fixing a well so the people would have clean water (this in itself is a miracle), he was working hard and thinking of Ollie and hoping he was being protected by his guardian angel due to being in a rough area. Cody then looked into the well and noticed something and through it out with the dirt, he quickly realized it was a marble...no way. he went to dig through the dirt and couldnt find it. He was bummed. He went back to fixing the well and sure enough the blue marble was inside...wow. AMAZING and totally not a coincidence. How random is this?  In Haiti in the middle of the ocean in a far off land to find a marble and a blue one...Ollie and God are real and aware and sending us tender messages.

*Chris and I had just heard about Cody finding a marble and I was hoping for one but knew the chances were slim but I knew anything was possible. Chris the master free diver went out snorkeling alone and while he was out he found several unique shells. He showed them to me and they were beautiful. He saved the best for last...can you guess what he found??? A marble and a blue one at that. No way. I stood there and stared at it. I was in a state of disbelief. I couldn't believe it. What are the chances really? Cody had just found one that morning in Haiti. To find a marble the size of a pea and the color of the ocean in the sand on an island in the middle of a gigantic ocean, Not too likely. Totally from Ollie!!! Thank you baby boy for this special miracle.

Not too sure how all these little marble miracles happen but they do and it gives me hope that Ollie is aware of us and cares that we miss him.

Chris' marble in Maui-notice the marble is the exact color of the ocean
Codys marble in Haiti- I love his dirty hands from working hard on the well

7 comments:

  1. This post made me so so happy! What precious gifts from Heavenly Father and Ollie!...Thank you for sharing and writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Last post was from me...Rachel romney Smith)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God does that--sends special messages unique to the hurting to assure you of your loved one being in his care. I'm so sorry to read about your tragic loss. May God continue to help you and bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very special story. I lost a very special young nephew and we get special messages to let us know he is ok and that he is in Gods hands. What a special message to hold on to. Myrayers are with you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I lost my husband to brain cancer. We were blessed with one special needs son. His Dad would always ask him about his day and because he has no spontaneous communication skill, he would just shove whatever he has done from his day program.

    After his death, my son would be bringing home all sorts of brochures from his day program trips- I thought nothing of it. He is responsible for keeping these brochures and storing them. Until one day, I discovered where he was filing them. They were beside our family picture.

    Somehow, my special child has found a way to handle his grief on his Dad's lost and continued to remember him in his everyday life!

    I believe when I hear my son laughing on his own and totally carefree that his Dad is still "playing" with him.

    Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING!I hope Ollie continues to give signs that he is at peace. You all will be together again one day! He was very lucky have such loving parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think memories are enough to live life and hope you have lots of memories of Ollie. I pray to god that he will tell you about your Ollie and his happiness by showing different signs. I really feel he was a lucky person have such true loving parents. Thanks for sharing you memories with us. marble company

    ReplyDelete