Friday, November 2, 2012

Poppy/Raggedy Ann

I loved my little Raggedy Ann.
It was quite hard to get a good picture of her all by myself...crappy pictures but cute doll


She never took her wig off. I think she already likes to be dressed up.


Little peanut- thanks mom for the outfit

I was feeling sorry for myself all day. 
Chris was at work and I had no fun plans and nowhere to be, it was raining and cold, 
and Ollie wasnt here. 
 sad. sad. sad.
So......
I decided to get out of my funk because I did have one child at least so I dressed my little Pop-star up. As you can see she is so adorable in her red wig- purchased unopened and new from 
Goodwill. 
So I got her all dress and my sweet neighbors Tiffany and Aubrey rang the door bell. I wasn't going to answer because I didn't buy any candy, (scrooge I know) but I answered anyway. They invited Poppy and I to go trick-or-treating. I got my flashlight and headed out the door. It was sprinkling a little and was very refreshing. 
All the old people 
LOVED Raggedy Ann 
and I think it made their evening because we were about the 10th people to knock. Im glad we got out...and I ate every piece of candy along the way...sugar rush. yum!
Thanks POPPY for getting mom.out.of.her.funk.  
love love love

5 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful you have amazing neighbors. And i'm glad you ate every piece of candy. It's good for the soul every once in awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting out. that's what you have to do & thank heavens for inspired neighbors. sweet Raggedy Ann Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is the cutest Raggedy Ann I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you! I thought of you all day and would catch myself getting teary watching my boys and thinking of how unfair it is that you were missing Ollie. I'm sure being "present" is so pulling on your emotions...you want to grasp and savor every moment and memory and thought you have with Ollie and never replace them with new ones, wishing you could re-live them....yet you have your sweet Poppy and family that pulls you to live in the Present, as painful as it can feel....I don't even have the slightest clue, but I'm so proud of you for getting up and out and living!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (that was me..)

    ReplyDelete