Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Roller-Coaster

Well here I am on the roller-coaster. Its not a fun one though. 

Today all I can think about is how the accident happened to my Ollie. I keep saying over and over in my head almost yelling , 

"A washing machine? Seriously? I found him inside? What, really, Ollie?  How could this have happened?"
Im sick now.
I want him back.
I wish that day never happened. 
I want to warp back to that minute and change everything.

I hate my washing machine. Its a new one but I hate it.
I say a prayer every time I enter the room. 

The laundry room is now called "The stupid Room."

I think we should move.

God are you listening????

I pray and I pray.


***Last night we changed Ollies bed and his little "shrine area". I thought I was going to cry and hate every minute of it. But I didn't. Everything is hard. This just adds to the list of hard things like going up to his/Poppy's room everyday, looking at his jackets, shoes and hats (now collecting dust) when I open up the closet to get out Poppy's clothes, when I open up his drawer and see all his cute little spider-man underwear (unused now for 9 months), when I find a lock and key on his bedroom floor, when I think of his tender, sweet voice. Oh man. When I walk into the "stupid" room every day. So many reminders of him, good and bad, fill this house. So taking down his bed was just another hard thing but it needed to be done. Poppy needed a crib. She has been sleeping in her bassinet reaching from top to bottom for a while now. She likes her new bed! I really felt like Ollie was there with us. I missed him but I felt him near. I think my spirit just knew he was there. My physical, earthly body didn't know but my spirit did. Weird feelings but so real.   


9 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, this is so damn hard! I was thinking of how God has really spared me from ruminating on the crazy and horrifying experience of jack's accident and then guess what? i've been up the past 2 nights ruminating on just that, unable to sleep. please know a hurting mom in VA is sending you gobs of love. ollie was with you as you changed the bed. i just know he was. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna See. Those sleepless nights are rough. The mind just takes over and it doesn't stop. love back at ya.xo

      Delete
  2. @tiffany You are so strong and Ollie's spirit is all around you, all the time. He knows you have hard days and he knows you love him with all of your being :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you right now. I read this recently, "God doesn't leave prayers unanswered. He answers every single one. But he doesn't always answer yes...sometimes he will answer no or not right now." You are so lucky to have your Faith guide you through these times. May God bless you, Miss Poppy, and her smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, Thank you for sharing! I do believe this too but its hard to remember its on Gods time. Thanks xo

      Delete
  4. My wish for my sweet, precious daughter is that you don't ever have to do anything hard. That life is easy. That you have only love & joy & happiness every single day. That you can have your children, husband, & family around you all the time. That is my wish. My wish is based only on my experiences in this life. I can't remember anything else. Why would a mother ever want anything hard for their children? I don't. The only reason I would ever want that is if it helps my child become better & stonger. The only tiny part I can understand in all of this is that we will have that everlasting happiness someday. That our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he's willing to let us have "hard, Ugly, STUPID, things now so we can have a life of only good & pure & happy later. You will have your wish someday & I will have mine. We can do hard things. especially together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I have the best mom! I love you and thank you for always writing inspiring and uplifting things to me. You brighten my days. xoxo love you more momma

      Delete
  5. That was great what mom said! I wish for those things for you as well! I want you to know how much we all love you and we are always praying for you!! I am so grateful you have sweet little Poppy to brighten your day! Especially to see you laugh and smile when you never thought you would again... Poppy made that possible!! I love you and miss you!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha, Thanks for all your love and prayers. Poppy is such a joy. xoxox

      Delete