Thursday, January 17, 2013

I love my Dad!

My amazing dad drove our little truck back to Oregon (14 long hours int he car) with us so I could finally have a vehicle to drive -I have been without one for over a year now. I am so thankful to have a car! Yippee. Not that I need to go anywhere or that I will go anywhere, but just in case I do decide to, I have one. I'm no longer the girl that asks for a ride or to borrow a car.

My dad stayed here with us for 17 not long enough days. Wow. How special. Usually dads are the ones working. My dad was fortunate enough to visit for this long. We really enjoyed every minute with him. He really is one of the kindest men I know and Im so proud hes our dad. Chris calls him dad too. It has been so nice our families have been with us so much since Ollie passed away. We have needed their love and hugs. Thanks dad for all your help,  love and laughs.


He loves his little girl!


He fed her every single meal


He went on walks in the forest with us

He can grow a mean beard. 2013 beard competition here we come!!!

He stacked all this wood and made a fire for us every morning. Thanks dad

He went on a 2 hour hike and got big blisters, what a trooper!

He likes to touch trees!





He's a silly guy


***Thanks dad for all the notes, and the money of course!
My dad and mom would leave money for Ollie when he was here. So they continue the tradition. So generous. Thank-you.

9 comments:

  1. He is such a great dad and guy! Those Barker men are the best! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute post! Your Dad is awesome. Poppy will miss your Dad when he returns home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images of a loving dad there to support you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so cute!! Our dad is the best!! I am so grateful to have him! I am glad he got to spend time with you guys, I'm sure he loved it!! I love our family so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how sweet and blessed. i have always thought the world of your family and always will. what a blessing to have a wonderful man to call DAD. i am so happy for you to have him be able to come and stay with you for so long. i love all the pictures too. what a great grandpa. when i was working on your blanket i went to their house and took my kids. your mom and dad played with the kids for a few hours. it was so sweet to watch so i could only imagine how they are with yours. i love you and so glad to read happy posts from you even though you are hurting so bad on the inside im sure. tell Chris high fo rme even though we have only met for a brief moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made me cry - I'm really touched my your amazing Dad. Special beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great pictures! looks like a great time. miss you all

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.blogger.com/blog-this.g?t=&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdkkmacole.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F11%2Fso-many-have-asked-majors-legacy.html%3Fm%3D1&n=Loved%20By%20His%20Grace%3A%20So%20Many%20Have%20Asked%20~%20Major's%20Legacy

    Hi sweet new friend.... I just wanted to share with you our "story" ..... Much love and tears today

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the last picture where Poppy is peaking around the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete