Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Missing Piece

We are with our family soaking in some sun, and its oh so wonderful.....but I feel something is missing. I have an anxious feeling deep within my chest. It wont go away. There is a hole eating at my soul. The never ending longing for a piece of my heart that was so rudely and unwillingly taken.

I want that piece back. I want Ollie back. Oh how I wish I could change things.

My reality as long as I am living is, that sweet Ollie is not coming back, never ever. Not to this earth. That just hurts my mind, body and spirit. My heart aches. I am tired. I am tired of being tired. I am changed. I am not that same Tiffany I was last year. I am broken, oh so broken. But I am strong and I will rise above this pain.

Not exactly sure how to live a lifetime without a big piece of my heart, but I do know I will do it. Only because I have to, not because I want to. I have said this many times:

YOU WOULD BE AMAZED HOW STRONG YOU ARE WHEN YOU HAVE TO BE.

I haven noticed in the last year, I just cant laugh like I use to. I cant smile as big either. I don't like this new molding-a-new-Tiffany life. I liked who I was. Of course I had many improvements to make, but I was moving along just fine....until Ollie passed away. A year later I do feel stronger, but so so weak all at the same time. My life is just BITTERSWEET. I don't really like this word, but its become normal for my new life. I have been more angry lately with others and a lot more impatient. I have been on edge and there has been no room for others being ignorant. I am not normally like this. I guess this happens to individuals when they are broken, crushed, tattered and worn down.  It really helps me to see others and not judge them for their short comings. I have tried to channel the negative feelings into helping others, it does work some of the times. One major thing that has bothered me in the last year is having absolutely no control of these feelings, this big gigantic event of losing Ollie. I like to control myself and have always been very good with controlling my cravings of any sort. I am very logical and I know my mid is so powerful. This is one reason I never liked to do drugs or be intoxicated in anyway because I could not control my body. It really makes me made that I cant do anything to change the outcome and bring Ollie back. I did not make a conscious decision for my life to go this way. It really upsets me. I am trying to work through this. I guess I have a lifetime to improve.....

So many have been more than kind to me (Chris and I of course, but I say me because I am the one writing.) I can not believe who has reached out to me from across the world. I do know a lot of people, but its so humbling someone I have never met is praying for me and my family.
I am so touched. I accept your prayers and love graciously. My heart does get a little warmer when I read such kind words of encouragement. Sometimes I feel many of you have more faith in me than I have for myself. I thank you for this. It helps to keep me moving forward. Don't stop, Please.

Love from sweet Ollies Momma and precious Poppy too!

13 comments:

  1. Hello. You don't know me, I can't even really remember how I first found your blog, but that's not really important I guess. I have prayed for you and your family and I do so again tonight as I lie in bed with silent tears streaming down my face. I have been so struck and saddened by all your words, particularly those saying that you aren't the same person you were before, that you don't laugh or smile like you used to. I can't imagine that you would. But I am focusing my thoughts and prayers on the hope that with time, you may feel like yourself again. I thank you for sharing your story, your unimaginable story, so that others like me will stop and really appreciate all that we have. My heart aches for you and all your loved ones and I pray that you feel even an ounce better even if it's just for a moment.

    -Cami from Utah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cami,
      Thank you for your prayers, they are felt. I do feel better through out my days. They are so up and down, but yes they are filled with some sunshine so your prayers are working! :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you're in the sun! Soak it in. There is a reason that Hawaii is the happiest state in the country, sun sun sun!

    As I have read and followed your journey over the last months I have seen a strong woman who loves her sweet babies so much and who is winning the fight against the darkness inside her. You are winning. Darkness can not hold onto a person with that much love in their heart. I can not imaganie how tiring and lonely this battle is but I hope you are able to find strength from all the people who care so much for you and from your amazing Ollie who I'm sure is your biggest cheerleader.

    Thinking of you.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey,
      I love what you said about darkness not being able to hold on when there is so much love in my heart...this is how I will make it and your encouragement makes my heart grow warmer. Thank you!
      xo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! I'm sure its harder said than done, but you are so strong even when you feel weak. So many love you and support you and most importantly Ollie does. Remember Ollie is your constant companion especially in times like these he's right by your side watching over you. Love you and praying for you everyday! Xoxo You're a great momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweet lady, you have summed up so many of my own struggles. We want the old us back, and sweet Ollie and Jack back. Praying and send you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your empathy...Im sorry you feel similar awful feelings too.
      Sending love back to your broken heart

      Delete
  6. Always sending love to you guys! You ARE SO STRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sending prayers for you again tonight, and i will continue. the ladies above said it all so perfectly that i feel like i don't have much to add beyond YES! YES to all of what they said. you are strong. i pray you can smile and laugh and find not your old self but see the stronger, wiser, more compassionate self who can also laugh and smile freely again one day. i can see over the past year that this trial HAS made you an even better version of yourself. even if you don't feel it. i am still so sad for you and for what happened to ollie. it is an awful, tragic, sorrowful thing. but i do believe good can come, and that good comes in the person you become. every day that you get up and take care of your beautiful poppy and your husband, every day that you work to make washing machines safe for others, every day that you struggle to serve people but still to do - you are becoming more and more like christ. he felt all our sorrows and was truly filled with them. i can't imagine how he smiled and loved still, but he did. and you are like him. i hope you can see it. even from far away, i can see it by reading your blog.
    thank you for being a shining example of christ. hugs and prayers.
    Shar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shar,
      Thank you so much for your prayers and touching words. I don't feel as strong as you think I am...lol but thank you so much for the encouragement to keep going.
      sending love to you!

      Delete
  8. I love what Lindsay said above. You are winning the darkness. You are able to let your beautiful "Tiffany" light shine through your pain. When you fell tired & lonely & worn-out, please remember there are earthly angels who can share your burdens & help carry you. We're your friends & family & we care deeply about you & Christopher. We all adore Poppy because she radiates so much love & sunshine. I love your smile & I love your laugh. You are still the old Tiffany just a little more sculpted & refined by going through the intense heat of the refiner's fire. You're beautiful. You mave my love forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Tiffany! I hope as you feel all of these horrible and real things that you are faced with, you remember to leave some room for patience...not with others, but for YOURSELF. Be kind to yourself...you are trying to climb a mountain and you are bound to get cut up and bruised. Be proud of every day you get through. You are amazing and strong...even though you feel so weak and tired. Praying for you every day!

    ReplyDelete