Friday, March 22, 2013

Warning Label

I have been in contact with one of the Oregon Senators, Joe Gallegos and his team. 

They have been working on a bill to put a Warning Label on all new washing machines.
***The warning label would be a red picture of a child falling in...

I think this is wonderful and hope they do too. (so so horrible but wonderful,
always bittersweet feelings for me)
 
PLEASE HELP support the bill by writing a quick hand written letter to any of the following senators, it doesn't matter what state you live in
*If you cant write a letter, an email or phone call will work too, but a hand written letter is best.  

Oregon State Representative Joe Gallegos
900 Court St. NE H-484
Salem, OR 97301

  or

Ron Wyden-Oregon U.S. Senator  
Washington D.C.
221 Dirksen Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, D.C., 20510
tel (202) 224-5244
fax (202) 228-2717


or

Utah U.S. senators- because I am from Utah and Ollie is buried there. My little brother also wrote to the U.S. senators about the bill...so hopefully these senators will hear all about the bill.

Orrin Hatch
 104 Hart Office Building
Washington, DC 20510  

Tel: (202) 224-5251
Fax: (202) 224-6331

Email Orrin Here 

 
Senator Mike Lee
316 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510 

Phone: 202-224-5444
Fax: 202-228-1168
 Email Mike here 


Example of a letter


Dear Senator Orrin Hatch,

I support the washing machine warning labels and feel this would help to bring awareness to parents of the danger in their own home. I also support mandatory locks on old and new washing machines.

Sincerely, Tiffany Hebb- concerned mother 
 

14 comments:

  1. Tiffany-- just wrote my letter. It took all of 3 minutes! I hope it helps. Jennifer from Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your work in making the world safer for our precious children. I will write about my support of this to my senators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing letters. Thank you for posting the information here!! Praying for your cause and your healing. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I still write one if I am in Michigan ?
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,
      Yes you can write to one of these senators, even if you are in a different state. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. I know this must be so hard. I will be honored to write on Ollie's behalf. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. I love you too. Yes it is hard but no harder than burying him or finding him dead...so sad. I guess the hardest thing is, his little body and spirit not physically here...
      xo

      Delete
  6. Tiffany, I am SO impressed by your drive and determination to help save lives of other children. Ollie would be so very proud to know that you are making a huge difference in the world because of him. I was wondering if we can write letters to the above senators if we're out of state? I'd love to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, Yes you can write to any one of these senators. Yes I know Ollie is proud.

      Delete
  7. I'm writing mine tonight!!! So awesome we can help make this happen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Done and done! Thank you for posting the addresses. I hope this passes!!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. So honored to write on you sweet sweet child's behalf. Pray for you and your family. I'll keep writing as long as it takes. God Bless, Venise

    ReplyDelete