Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Another Day!

OHSU 
Wednesday November 6, 2013
25.3 weeks gestating

***

 Yippee!
 Another day down. 
I kind of dont like wishing away my days, but I am.
 I am trying to still enjoy every day I am alive, even though I am under unfortunate, stupid and unwanted circumstances.
Yesterday and today have been uneventful as far as changes with baby and myself. Baby sounds strong and looks great-still wont know how the lungs look until delivery. Growing appropriately. The docs say babies grow almost a half pound a week at this gestational age!!

***

My mom and I had a big even out.
 We went down to starbucks and got a pumpkin spice steamer. 
YUM!
My mom and I are addicted! They are warm, delicious and just what we needed.
(seriously expensive though, Starbucks thinks they're cool)
My mom pushed me outside to get some fresh air. It was sprinkling and felt so refreshing on my skin. 
 People stared at me. 
I guess when someone is in a wheelchair, everyone wonders what is wrong. 
I always wonder the same thing.

***

The lady in charge of distributing the donations for the Doernbecher Children's Hospital, told me that the nurses and children LOVE the leg warmers and that they were all out and needed more.  She said the children use them as arm bands too, to cover up their scary IV's and they look so adorable in them!!!
So, I had 3 more bags of them at home and decided that this would be a perfect time to donate them.
So my mom pushed me over to the children's hospital and we gave them the leg warmers.
We will be making this an annual donation, so get collecting and knitting!!!

***

I was listening to radio lab about this couple that had a baby and beat all odds at 23.6 weeks pregnant. The odds were so against this baby.
The doctors pretty much thought the baby would not survive.
Well, little Juniper survived. She fought hard and long.
 6 months in NICU.
 As the parents described the critical choices they had to make, I knew what they had gone through. There is so much grey area between 23-25 weeks, because babies are not really viable before 24 weeks and even at 25 they still don't have much of a chance. Most doctors do feel obligated at 25 weeks to try and save the baby. These particular parents were going to allow the baby to make the decision for itself. If it put up a fight, then they figured they would fight too.
Time would tell.
They heard the heartbeat.
They felt it kick.
It was a real living being.
How could anyone ever make this decision?
I firmly beleive we can only do so much and then the rest is up to God.
He is the ultimate decider.  

***


My silly little girl comes to see me and has to sit right next to me pretty much until she leaves! 
I love it!
my cute Chris and Poppers


***

My sweet friend Natalia gave me this beautiful little statue.  Jizo aspires to save all beings from suffering. He protects travelers to the other side and is present to lead them to the right path. He protects pregnant woman and children who have died before their parents. Jizo helps heal your heart and mind during grief and loss. So Jizo is very welcome in my room. He is protecting me and the baby and healing our hearts, we need all the help we can get.
Thank you Natalia, I love it!

                                                        Hoping, praying and waiting!




No comments:

Post a Comment