Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Everyday is a special day

Every morning Poppy and I hang out in Ollie's room but we only get to hold and smell his earthly "stuff". some people dont even have "stuff" from their loved ones, at least we have that to help Ollie feel a little more close by.

I have been thinking A LOT lately about all of our possessions and our "stuff". Once we are gone from this earth we don't take ANYTHING. nothing physical. with us not one special toy, our best serving dish, our favorite pink sweatshirt, our special dessert we were saving to eat on a special occasion, our favorite pair of shoes that sparkle in the dark closet cause their too nice to wear, or even our favorite cooking knife we never use because its too special, etc. All we take to the other side is our personality and knowledge...our spirit-this is what makes us who we are!

Another one of my motto's: Use it up,and wear it out.

Make everyday a "SPECIAL DAY". It's a special day because we are all here for a reason still living and still breathing.

8 comments:

  1. Truer words were never spoken. As usual, thanks for the reminders. Every day is precious & every morning when we get "one more day" & the chance to wake up & take a breath, we should thank our creator who lends us that breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect perspective, thank you for reminding us all to cherish the moments that really count. The 'things' we surround ourselves with will never be as precious as the relationships we have with those we love. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so needed to hear this...Chad and I have been crunching our budget and finances have been at the top of my mind. CHRISTMAS is already out in stores and I've caught myself thinking so negatively about STUFF...we can waist so much time caring about and working for STUFF...and none of it really matters. Sure some stuff can be fun. But I really learned when our home was threatened in the Saratoga Fires this summer that ALL that I need is my family. Relationships with those I love and my Father in Heaven is all I really need. Sure does snap all my silly worries into perspective when I remember how quickly the people I love can leave me in this life. Love you Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great reminder of how we should think of each day! You are such an amazing mother sister and friend! You are a great example of strength! Keep on being happy and remembering the good things in life love you! oxox

      Delete
  5. Tiff~ You are so inspirational. Thanks for the reminder to not focus on materialistic pursuits and appreciate every day we have with the ones we love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. look at Poppy looking at Ollies pictures. She is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures of Poppy looking at Ollie's pictures is so sweet. She knows who she's looking at :)

    ReplyDelete