Tuesday, December 4, 2012

detectives in my home

A lady called me on the phone the other day and said she was from the Hillsboro Police Department.

Thats gross in itself.

She, this nice lady, told me we had pictures we could get from the investigation done at our home. 
What kind of pictures...of my washer? of my Ollie? of my home? of me sobbing?

I wanted them because strangers had been in my home taking pictures of who knows what, while I was attending my sons last few moments on earth. 

Our homes are our sanctuaries and very private. I hated the thought that a few men or many I really dont know, were in my home going through my things while I was praying for my sons life. 
 Seriously this made me so a.n.ggg.rrr.yyy. I hated the law and every one who worked for it. 

Oh and just a small side note, the detectives took Chris and I away from Ollies side while they were fratically trying to save his life, and asked us questions about what had happened. Of course they split us up, when all we watned to do was be together and see Ollie. Once again I totally understand due to people being sick and really committing such crimes but what about the other people who are innocent and need to be there for their baby boy while he dies? Such horrible timing on their part.
I did totally understood they needed to investigate to see if this really was an accident or on purpose. Its all too sad that nasty, evil people really do things like this and even worse things, to their precious, innocent children.
I was totally willing to answer questions because I wanted them to know I was and am a loving mother and it was just a horrible, the most horrible accident, of my life.

So the lady couldn't really tell me what was on the CD of pictures, but she did say it might have autopsy pics...yuck. really? that is so horrible and disgusting. At first I thought I might want them, then Chris and I talked and decided why on earth would we want those gruesome pictures of our sweet baby? We already had enough horrible, vivid details of death and dying.

We payed for the pictures but will probably never pick them up.

I know Ollies body wasnt being hurt during the autopsy because I know Jesus Christ took this pain from him and Ollie's spirit had already gone to heaven.
 

5 comments:

  1. Tiff - I told Dan (who used to be a cop) about the investigater questioning you while Ollie was being worked on, he couldn't believe they did that to you! They should've waited!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey,
      Yeah that was way rude and totally inappropriate for them to not consider our feelings. I think I am going to write the main detective a letter today. Thanks for the inspiration. Love you lots! xoxox

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to say that I'm SO sorry for your loss. Ollie is just so adorable and precious.

    I read Ollie's heartbreaking story and cried the whole time. And I am SO SO SO sorry that you had to deal with investigators in the midst of such tragedy... It's so awful that they did that to you (HUGS).

    We were also offered pictures from our son's autopsy and said NO WAY.

    Keeping you and Ollie in my prayers and thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine for your prayers and thoughts! Im so sorry you have to experience loss of a child. I just read a bit about your blog too...you are doing great things with your sadness. It is amazing how death totally changes you forever.

      I know you will get to raise your baby boy again. I believe this so strongly.

      Hugs to you!
      xoxox
      I am praying for you too

      If you ever wanted to share my blog to bring awareness of washing machine dangers, feel free.

      Thanks for reading my blog!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you had to go through such a horrible experience with the detectives! They really should have been more sensitive. Art's dad read the autopsy report and saw the pictures after his mom died and he said he regretted seeing the one he loved in such cold, clinical terms. Unless it's something you feel you have to do, sometimes it's best to remember them as they were. I'm just really sad that you have to deal with any of this.

    ReplyDelete