Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Donor-Ollie

Yesterday I decided to call the tissue donor office in Portland. 

After several wrong numbers
and explaining and listening to myself as I told several people "I am trying to find out if my sons tissues have been used" (thinking to myself, my sweet most precious Ollie Kai Hebb, he died and is not longer here so I am calling a place to see if his parts can help another person. yuck.)

I instantly got a pit in my stomach.

I finally talked to a guy who could help me.

He said he has GREAT NEWS!!!

I got so excited and got the chills as I listened. 

He said the two heart valves had been transplanted. Yippee. One to a small infant in Oregon and one to a toddler in California......Yippee. this made me feel so happy, but so sad. This meant my son died.  Right? 
Since he did die, I am so thankful another child may live. 
The best gift......

LIFE!

**the guy said I may be able to get in contact with the families if they choose to. I can also write a letter. this would be cool.
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Tiff~ What a peculiar experience this must be for you. How terribly sad that you had to lose Ollie but how wonderful that you were able to help others. Thank you for continuing to be such a good example of generousity and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, It is so amazing to know that your precious Ollie has saved lives of other children. I hope you are able to get in contact with the families who have been so immensely blessed by Ollie... I think it would bring you so much peace. He died only in body -- his spirit and legacy are still so much alive <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine for that last part, his spirit is very much alive. Yes I totally agree and have to remember he is doing great things in heaven. I just cant see him.

      Delete
  3. Oh this is so awesome! I received a letter saying that Quincy's kidneys had been transplanted in an adult woman that lives in CA and that she was doing well. So weird to think that part of my daughters body are living in someone else, but so neat that because of our little ones, someone can contiue to live. I should call the donation center and see if the rest of her organs were used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thats neat about Q too. They really live on, on this earth too, and in heaven! Yes call and see if they used anything else.

      Delete