Tuesday, February 5, 2013

LOVE

You can die of a broken-heart...... 


I do not want to die from a broken-heart or from the side effects of a broken-heart...I dont think any of you reading this do either. 

I worry about our grieving (or not grieving) husbands.

 I know my husband only reads my blog when I remind him and he isn't actively meeting others to give him support like I have through the blogging world. My husband Chris, does not really have an outlet for his grief. He works and that's his main focus right now. He has to hold it together.
I found some great sites with ideas we can do for our husbands, (whether they are a grieving spouse or not) husbands need our love and support. They work so hard for us.


 5 ways of showing LOVE that has worked in our marriage:

1-Take time to acknowledge the small things your spouse does for you. They may be small, but its the small things in life that really add up in the end.

2-Laugh more-be silly and make jokes, this really helps us. Chris is so funny and makes me laugh out loud daily and I need this, we need this.
3-Cherrish every living moment together, one day you will be gone.

4-When your with your spouse don't be on your cell phone. Give your attention to each other.

5-Say ((I LOVE YOU)) more and ((HUG)) more. Your energies really bond together. I feel it every time I hug Chris for a long period of time and it heals my heart just a little.

My cute Christopher. Oh how I love him!
 9 years ago.....

**********************************************************************************


 Check out these other great sites.


 *^*^*^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*


*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

4 comments:

  1. That's such a fun picture of you and Chris. You both look so happy and in love. Thanks for the reminder to show love to our husbands. I'm glad you're looking out for Chris, you are a sweet wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Tiffany.

    I think we forget in our society about the men sometimes. They are just supposed to fall in line and deal with what comes their way. So much support is directed at and encouraged for women but men don't really get that help as much. I feel they are almost told to keep it all inside. It's the manly thing to do.

    I have personally seen what keeping grief inside does. It's not a way to live.

    Thinking of Chris and hoping that he can find his outlet.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post right before Valentines. Everyone needs to think more of others. You're pretty amazing thinking about your husband when you hurt too. Keep going tough woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog today (followed it from Ashely Sullenger's blog). This topic is something I've been reflecting on the past few months. I've noticed that as I've healed more and learned how to deal with my grief in healthier ways, my husband has started to have harder days. I think it's built in for our husbands to want us to be okay and want to take care of us which is why they display their grief differently at times. It's like me having better days has allowed him to grieve the loss of his sons more openly. I appreciate this post, I especially love #2. Laughter with my sweet husband has never been as sweet as it is after all we've been through. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete