Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Just writing it down

 I don't write much on my blog because most of the time I have too much to say and my mind is overwhelmed with grief. I cant ever seem to organize it in my head so maybe I will try and just ramble. 

In the past year I have had so many new thoughts, feelings, emotions, pains, joys and experiences that I never thought I would or could have. I feel joy for a moment as I watch Poppy start to walk or giggle ever so cutely, then I am instantly overcome with sadness as my little Ollie is not here to see these tender interactions. I am sure he can still see her from heaven, but I wanted to see them interact. I have never felt the intense explosion of my heart wanting to burst right out of my chest-due to pain, but also my heart is engulfed with unimaginable love from friends, family and even strangers when I receive a warm email or text or gift. When I am in the many moments of despair, it weakens me to the point of falling to my knees. This is a rather interesting thing. When we are literally hunched over from grief and pain, and no longer able to stand, this is when our Savior reminds us to ask Him, in prayer to remove this burden or to at least  help carry it and make it bearable. So many afternoons I find myself unable to function, everything is going wrong and I am so angry at the situation my life is in......then I humble myself and plead with our Father in Heaven to allow His son to remove my pain. It works only after a heart-felt, sincere pleading prayer-while weeping of course. I have never experienced this with such intensity as I have in the last year. I am thankful for the ways I have been strengthened as a mother, friend, daughter and wife. Yes I have been strengthened through my pain, but also I have become more bitter and angry. I tolerate others weaknesses less and I am mad at my new life. I hope to rise above those not-so-nice qualities and become more like Ollie and Christ.
Baby steps. Tiny tiny baby steps.

Sometimes I find myself wondering if there is really a heaven? Is there really a God? Does Ollie still live? Does God care about me? Does He hear my prayers?

Then small miracles happen in my life that testify of Gods realness and love for me. It is through Him that I am able to stand today and to look forward with faith and endure this cruel (but oh so beautiful) life without a part of my heart. Wow it stings. It stings every fiber and organ in my body. I have this new heavy heart. Chris once explained it to be like a brick on your chest. Oh it's so heavy and hard to carry. I will say by the love from others-you reading this-I am carried through my grief. I thank you again. Really. I can't do this alone. It is a hard one.

Imagine your child left at the store, or lost at the store....imagine your worry, the intense anxiety. I feel this most of my days. Yes it leaves but only for minutes, then it returns quickly to knock me over again. Seriously sometimes I just can't do it. How? Why?Why the washing machine? Why Ollie?

I wonder in heaven if Chris and I stepped forward to say we would take this trial? We thought we could handle it??? Seriously? What were we thinking? Maybe Ollie chose it?

I can't wait to return to that God that gave me life and forget all about this non-sense that most of us consume our short lives with. Are "things" really important? Nope. Are relationships? Yep. How we treat people? Yep. Our knowledge we obtain? Yep again.

***I want so badly to be a homesteader!!! I have loved this kind of life since I can remember. So simple. So back to nature. Raw. Real. So me. I don't care about fashion, I dont live for fame, or crave new things, I just want to live simply so others may simply live! One day.

But I am living in the moment? Here and now. Here and now is waiting for the oil change on my 85' chevy truck, listening to the grunge music in the back ground and watching the fire truck wiz by to probably save someone and remembering those feelings the day of the accident...yucky. So sad.

** “These are they who are just men made perfect through Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, who wrought out this perfect atonement through the shedding of his own blood” (D&C 76:65, 68–69).


I LIKE THIS:
Because Jesus Christ broke the bands of death, all of the children of Heavenly Father born into the world will be resurrected in a body that will never die. So my testimony and yours of that glorious truth can take away the sting of the loss of a beloved family member or friend and replace it with joyful anticipation and firm determination.
-Henry B Eyring-Jesus Apostle




9 comments:

  1. I love this post. So many feeling. So real. I know I have said this a million times, but you are so so strong. You keep me going. I know that we will make it through this and that in the next life we will be able to talk about how WE DID IT! We will look back and smile and hug our babies so tightly because we will have them in our arms again. Thank you for writing. Thank you for being the best friend I could ever ask for in the most trying time of my life.

    Ps. I love the picture of Poppy at the end. So random. So cute. I laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! That was beautiful! You are a wonderful Mother and example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany-

    1. You have had a monumentally tragic, life-altering experience. Trying to make sense of losing Ollie and trying to live a "happy" life without him will be a lifelong process. Allowing others to glimpse your personal struggle and see the way you handle it inspires everyone.

    2. You would be a fabulous homesteader. Did you ever see the movie "The Wilderness Family"? That used to be my dream. I know myself a little better now and realize I probably wouldn't be quite as happy living that way as I once that I would be. But I still appreciate a more simple, uncluttered, and wholesome way of living. Invite me to your place when you get it? I'm sure it will be amazing.

    3. Thank you for testifying of Jesus Christ and the Atonement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and your heavy, hurting heart. I am a mom of three boys. 12, 14, 17. Found your blog and I admire your strength. I wish you didn't have to be so strong. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tiffany, everything you put down just spills with emotion. You don't need think about anything before you write it, because the way you write is REAL. I think about your family all the time, everyday, I pray for you all the time. I can't even fathom your pain, but you are always in my heart and so is Ollie. I haven't ever met you but I do carry You, Chris, Ollie and Poppy everywhere I go. Sending so much love to you, always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Tiff. I love you so much. I can't truly understand your pain and loss, but I care so much about you. And you know what? I believe in you. Despite all the waves of emotion you go through, (and maybe because of them?), I see strength in you.
    I have always admired you and looked up to you, from being a younger teenage cousin, to admiring your mothering, to admiring your strength to continue on and bear witness of your testimony- you are just amazing. Your writing can be helpful to you as you sort through emotions, but it is also a help and blessing to others as you can see from all your comments.
    Also, I agree with Mindy! I've sometimes thought about homesteading, too, but it's more wishful than anything. :) I think you really could make it work! Invite me over, too, and we'll make it a cousins date! It makes me happy to imagine you in that life… :D

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Tiff. I love you so much. I can't truly understand your pain and loss, but I care so much about you. And you know what? I believe in you. Despite all the waves of emotion you go through, (and maybe because of them?), I see strength in you.
    I have always admired you and looked up to you, from being a younger teenage cousin, to admiring your mothering, to admiring your strength to continue on and bear witness of your testimony- you are just amazing. Your writing can be helpful to you as you sort through emotions, but it is also a help and blessing to others as you can see from all your comments.
    Also, I agree with Mindy! I've sometimes thought about homesteading, too, but it's more wishful than anything. :) I think you really could make it work! Invite me over, too, and we'll make it a cousins date! It makes me happy to imagine you in that life… :D

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so strong and I agree that this will be a lifelong process. I hope the grief will become less of a burden and your days will become more and more happy as time goes on. :) Baby steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet friend...I'm praying for your heavy heart. I pray that feelings of love will overpower those horrible feelings of panic. When you explained it like that...I felt it for a moment..And I'm so sad to think of you feeling that every moment. Too much for one soul to bare...but you are doing it so well, even though you feel so weak.
    You wold be a perfect Homesteader and I would come visit you to learn to can berries and things...DO IT!

    ReplyDelete